Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My All Time Favorite Book



My favorite book growing up was Little Women. It is a story of four sisters living during the Civil War and their struggles with poverty, their father’s absence, and the little trials of everyday life. Each of the sisters is very different, but they are bound by strong family love and they manage to have fun with whatever means are theirs. My favorite book today is still Little Women! I really enjoy the Hunger Games and Harry Potter series, but the novel that is closest to my heart is still the one that impacted me the most as a child. Reading Little Women was a very significant formative experience for me. I myself have seven sisters, and so I found that I could relate to the experiences of the four main characters. I read Little Women when I was ten years old after my eldest sister went to college. She loaned me her copy, and I missed her so much that I actually opened it! It made me feel close to her. :)

I had gained a tender connection with the book, but I soon learned to love it for its own merits. It is a beautiful story with morals of kindness and family closeness. It is also really funny! The sisters frequently have mishaps that are both exasperating and entertaining. Reading Little Women made me want to be a good woman because the main characters are so virtuous and down-to-earth. My greatest goal is still to be a good woman, so I can say that my life has been very influenced by that book.

2 comments:

  1. I love this book also. The relationships are what make this book amazing! I also love the Hunger Games and Harry Potter! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great book! I remember reading it as a kid and loving it then!

    ReplyDelete