Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The World Spins Madly On

I saw this animation by Ryan Woodward a year or so ago, and it really captivated me. I haven't forgotten about it. I can't decide what the storyline is - it's obviously about true love, but I can't understand why the girl is alone and shaded darkly at the end. Maybe it was the kind of love that leaves you worse off - or just a really difficult breakup? What are your theories? Anyways, I like this video because it has an introspective effect. It makes you stop, makes you think, makes you reflect on the love you've experienced in your own life. It's a pretty powerful piece of art!

4 comments:

  1. I also saw this when it was first publicized on BYU's website and I bookmarked it immediately because I absolutely loved it! I think it is also an amazing piece of art with beautiful dancing and a great song. I personally couldn't figure out the exact story but I think that's the beauty of it, that we can interpret it based on our personal experiences. I did however wonder it they had true love and the girl died...I don't know. Love it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too loved this video when I saw it. It really sucks you in and makes you wonder what they story is between the two characters. The choreography is amazing! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I watched this about 400 billion and 7 thousand times when it first came out. My theory? The guy is in desperately in love with the girl but she won't stay with him (hence him imagining her, and her constant disappearing). But when she finally decides she wants him, it's too late, as he feels like he's already been through too much pain...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melinda this is an amazing video! I am going to watch it over and over again. I might use some of the dancing for work. Very inspiring, I love the song!

    ReplyDelete