Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cupcake Fetish




I ADORE cupcakes. Whenever someone hands me a slice of cake, I rarely finish it because it seems so dry and there is too little frosting. Cupcakes are a different story - a moist, perfectly sized serving of cake with a deliciously proportional heap of frosting! And they are just so gloriously cute (see above for evidence).

Where does media come in? Well, as a result of said fetish, I spend at least an hour a week on cupcake blogs. My favorite one is this website, because the author works mainly from cake mixes and adds sour cream and different proportions of oil to get that gourmet cupcake density. Being a poor college student, simple recipes with few ingredients are exactly what I need. Plus, she comes up with all kinds of interesting recipes. Cinnamon toast crunch cupcakes? Nutella cupcakes? Raspberry neapolitan? Hello?! Awesome. I'd like to think that this particular media exposure has a good effect on me (my cupcake-eating friends certainly think so). I'm expanding my baking skills, and that thought makes me happy. Or, at any rate, hungry!

Other favorite cupcake-related blogs:

www.cupcakeproject.com

www.cupcakesandcashmere.com

4 comments:

  1. I love making cupcakes too! I got a cupcake book for my bridal shower and now everybody at my work raves about my baking skills. I am always looking for new cupcake recipes. Thanks for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited I read this post! I recently got major into baking and I can't wait to explore the blogs you've shared. My time on the internet has significantly increased since I've started following cooking blogs. I love finding new ways to simplify recipes. Thanks for the new blogs to check out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making wedding cakes and enjoy looking at different cakes and cupcakes for decorating and flavor ideas. I love the cookie monster cupcake. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cupcakes are my favorite!! I found a recipe the other day for cupcakes for 2 and I can't wait to try it when I am craving a cupcake! Here's the recipe if you want to try too! :)

    CUPCAKES FOR TWO: 1 egg white, 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons melted butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/4 cup flour 1/4 heaped teaspoon baking powder, pinch of salt, 1 1/2 tablespoons milk Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 2 liners.

    ReplyDelete